These peanut butter stuffed brownie cookies will blow your mind. With a crackly crust, a fudgy chocolatey interior and the most drool-worthy gooey peanut butter centre, these cookies are dangerously delicious and easy to make!
A cookie, a brownie, and peanut butter walk into the bar… no, doesn’t quite work.
Wait, let me start again.
Knock knock, who’s there? Brownie. Brownie who? Brownie cookie… stuffed with peanut butter.
Let’s have another one. Are you cringing yet?
What do you get if you cross a cookie with a brownie, and add peanut butter into the mix? Pure decadent deliciousness, that’s what. Or, if we’re being precise, these peanut butter stuffed brownie cookies.
Unfortunate wannabe-stand-up jokes aside, these peanut butter stuffed brownie cookies are a revelation. I know I say that for many many many things (and I mean it every single time)… but OHMYGOSH these cookies are amazing.
Imagine this: you bite into one of these lovelies, and the first thing you encounter is a delicately crispy crust, that gives way to an intensely chocolatey, fudgy interior. And then, just to blow your mind even further, you get to the centre – where you encounter the marvel that is gooey peanut butter.
And not only are these cookies dangerously delicious, they do it in style. I mean… come on!
On top of it all, they’re gluten free (although you could just as easily make them with plain wheat flour if you don’t have a gluten intolerance), and super easy to make.
So let’s get to it!
MAKING THE BROWNIE COOKIES
We’ve covered the how’s and why’s of making brownie cookies previously, but here’s a quick recap:
- Whip the eggs and sugar until ridiculously fluffy, pale and greatly increased in volume.
- Add the melted chocolate and gently mix together.
- Sift together the dry ingredients (gluten free flour, xanthan gum, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt), and add to the eggs+chocolate mixture.
- Fold everything together until no flour clumps remain, and you’re left with the most perfect, shiny, luscious brownie cookie batter.
STUFFING THE COOKIES WITH PEANUT BUTTER
This step is just as easy – all you do is:
- take a small scoop of the brownie cookie batter and spread it slightly on the baking sheet,
- plop a small spoonful of peanut butter in the middle, and
- cover it with a bit more brownie cookie batter.
And then: bake!
THE GLORIOUS CHOCOLATEY RESULTS
The peanut butter stuffed brownie cookies come out of the oven all cracky and smelling absolutely mouthwatering. I like to eat them still warm, when the peanut butter is still runny, so that it oozes out of the centre. *sigh* So. Darn. Good.
So whatcha waiting for? Get peanut-butter-stuffing ASAP!
Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownie Cookies (Gluten Free)
- 7 oz (200 g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 9 tbsp (125 g) unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (100 g) white sugar
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp (130 g) gluten free flour
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 tbsp (20 g) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 6 - 8 tbsp natural smooth peanut butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 355 ºF (180 ºC) and line two baking sheets with baking/greaseproof paper.
- In a heat-proof bowl above a pot of simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter together. Once melted, set aside to cool slightly.
- In a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer with the double beater attachment), beat the eggs and sugar together for 5 - 6 minutes, until pale, fluffy and greatly increased in volume.
- Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture, and mix briefly until the chocolate has been evenly incorporated.
- Sift together gluten free flour, xanthan gum, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, and add it to the mixer. Mix for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until all flour has been incorporated and no flour clumps remain. Scrape the sides and the bottom of the bowl with a spatula to ensure the cookie batter is an smooth as possible.
Using a cookie scoop (or an ice cream scoop, or even just a spoon), transfer ~1 tbsp of the cookie batter onto the lined baking sheet, keeping at least 1 inch between them.
Spread each scoop out slightly with a spoon, and place ~1/2 tbsp of peanut butter in the centre.
Cover the peanut butter with another ~1 tbsp of the cookie batter, spreading the batter a bit so that the peanut butter is fully covered.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven at 355 ºF (180 ºC) for 12 minutes. The cookies should be slightly crackly on top, with a shiny crust. They will be soft when they come out of the oven, so leave them on the baking tray for about 1 minute before you transfer them to a cooling rack.
The cookies are best still warm, so that the peanut butter in the centre is still runny – but they are also super delicious when cold.
These peanut butter stuffed brownie cookies keep well in a closed container in a cool dry place for about 1 week.