So, ummm… surprise?
The Loopy Whisk has had a complete redesign!
Okay, I’m sure there are whole books devoted to how to announce a sparkling new website look. Self-help books for clueless bloggers with newly prettified sites. That’s a thing, right?
And I’m sure that in those books, there are at least a few chapters devoted to how not to announce a redesign. I’m pretty sure “ummm… surprise?” is #1 on that list. Oops?
But all joking aside: this new look has been a labour of love. It’s been in the works for at least a year… with many revisions and complete overhauls of just about everything. Thankfully, my graphic designer has the patience of a saint. The fact that he’s my dad probably has something to do with it.
Now, one year later: I’m over the moon with the results – and I’m thrilled to share them with you!
The Loopy Whisk as you see it today is a work in progress. There are still some details to polish and tweak, which may mean there will be a hiccup here or there… so bear with me in this transition phase, mmkay? Pretty please and thank you!
The main aim of the redesign was to make the blog easier to navigate. Finding a specific recipe was a bit of a nightmare on the old site, and browsing a particular diet or dish type involved way too much unnecessarily scrolling. Well, no more!
Here are the big changes you’ll notice if you take a tour through the new and improved The Loopy Whisk:
- The recipe index has been completely revamped and thoroughly organised. All recipes are sorted by diet and by dish, which makes discovering new recipes so much easier! Above all, this blog is about helping people with specific dietary requirements enjoy delicious food – so that’s what the redesign focuses on.
- Recipe search is front and centre – you don’t have to look for the search functions all over the place: they’re prominent and always right there in the top menu.
- The basic colour palette is all about grey tones, which is a big change from the former orange+green colour combination. The reason is simple: when you come to The Loopy Whisk, I want the first thing you notice to be the photos and, therefore, the food. The various greys serve as the perfect background to frame the photography, without overpowering it.
- The front page. No longer just showing the latest posts, the front page tells you all the most important things I want you to know on your first (or 100th) visit to The Loopy Whisk. All the what’s and how’s and why’s and who’s are answered on the new front page, and if you want more information, just start clicking the buttons!
- There will be more changes coming your way in the next few weeks! And just to prevent another “ummm… surprise?” moment from happening, here are the main things you can look forward to:
- A section before every recipe detailing the recommended ingredients, pots, pans, and other useful stuff. I get so many questions about the brand of gluten free flour I use, or what kind of baking pan I recommend… Now, you’ll be able to find all those details right away!
- More step-by-step process photos. Because I want to make your baking and cooking experiences as fun and stress-free as possible.
- A “did you know?” section at the end of each post (exact name tbc… chronic indecision is a thing) with interesting bits and bobs about the recipe in question – like, what’s the difference between a galette and a crostata, why does the butter for pie dough need to be chilled, and what’s this ‘xanthan gum’ you see in so many of my recipes?
Many changes to explore, many new things to look forward to… big things are happening on The Loopy Whisk, folks. Is anyone else terribly excited, or is it just me?
BUT IN IT’S ESSENCE… TLW STAYS THE SAME
Don’t let the shiny new exterior fool you. To a large extent, The Loopy Whisk is still the same ol’ blog with too many brownie recipes (kidding, there’s no such thing), devoted to all things allergy friendly and delicious.
You can still expect 1 – 2 posts per week; some savoury, some sweet (rhyming not intended) with me waxing hyperbolic poetry over the fudginess of brownie cookies or the gooey cheesiness of mozzarella stuffed zucchini fritters.
Because, when we get down to it, we’re here because we love food. I like cooking and baking and taking one-too-many photos of pretty food. And you like cooking and baking and looking at one-too-many photos of pretty food. So I guess we’re a good fit.
Thank you for visiting my blog, for taking the time to read my words and making my recipes. Thank you for commenting and sending e-mails and making me smile.
And on that truly cheesy note: I hope you enjoy this new and improved The Loopy Whisk, and if you have any questions or feedback, or if you really truly think that there is such a thing as too much chocolate recipes… let me know!