These chocolate raspberry energy bars are the perfect healthy snack – handy, nutritious, satisfying and utterly delicious. They are super easy and quick to make, requiring only 7 ingredients and 10 minutes. If you’re looking for your go-to afternoon or post-workout snack: this just might be it!
I don’t know about you, but come 3 o’clock in the afternoon… I need a snack. It doesn’t have to be huge or elaborate – it can be just a few mouthfuls and I’ll be happy. Without that snack (especially if I had a lighter lunch), I tend to transform into a grumpy, shaky mess with an attention span of about 2 seconds.
Sounds familiar? I bet it does.
That’s why, pretty much every weekend, I make energy bars and bites in as many flavour combinations as possible. Because as far as snacks go – it doesn’t get much better than energy bars. Just think about it! Energy bars are:
Easy to carry around.
Simple and quick to make.
Plus, making your own homemade energy bars costs so much less than buying them! And all you need is about 15 to 30 minutes every weekend, and you’re all set for the whole week – how great is that?!
These chocolate raspberry energy bars are definitely one of my favourites. The freshness of the raspberries goes perfectly with the bitter-sweetness of dark chocolate, and the colour of these healthy energy bars is simply stunning!
The ingredients are simple: fresh or frozen raspberries, almonds, cashew nuts, maple syrup, coconut oil, coconut flour and dark chocolate. As you can see, these bars will certainly keep you full and energetic for a good few hours, what with the healthy fats and simple carbohydrates that they contain.
Additionally, they’re gluten and dairy free, as well as vegan and paleo – and therefore suitable for a wide range of dietary requirements and preferences. (Of course, if you’re allergic to nuts, you might consider using seeds or dessicated coconut as the base.)
Energy slumps, sudden hunger pangs and sneaky snack attacks can be a pain. But we don’t need to let them destroy our productivity and reduce our concentration – we just need to be prepared. These healthy chocolate raspberry energy bars are just the thing to keep in your bag or at your desk as a quick pick-me-up. The fact that they’re utterly delicious… well, that’s just the
cherry raspberry on top.
If you like what you’re seeing, subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date on the latest recipes and tips!
Chocolate Raspberry Energy Bars (Gluten & Dairy Free, Vegan, Paleo)
- 2 cups (210 g) frozen raspberries (you can use fresh ones too)
- 3/4 cup (115 g) cashew nuts
- 3/4 cup (115 g) blanched almonds (Note 1)
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 - 4 tbsp almond or coconut flour
- 2 1/2 oz (75 g) dark chocolate, melted with 1 tbsp coconut oil
- To make the raspberry reduction:In a small saucepan, cook the raspberries on medium-high heat until they have released their juice and part of the liquid has evaporated.Pass the raspberry mixture through a sieve to remove the seeds and skin.Return the raspberry juice to the saucepan and cook further until it has decreased in volume to about 1/8 - 1/4 cup.Allow to cool.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the cashew nuts and blanched almonds.
- Add the raspberry reduction, maple syrup and coconut oil, and blend until it all comes together. Adjust the sweetness to your taste.
- If the mixture is too soft and/or wet, add some almond or coconut flour until it no longer sticks to your fingers.
- Pat the raspberry energy bar mixture into a rectangle, wrap in cling film or aluminium foil, and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Once firmed up, cut the raspberry "block" into individual bars and drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
- The chocolate raspberry energy bars keep well in a closed contained in a cool dry place for 3 - 4 days, and in the fridge for about 1 week.
Looking for more healthy snack ideas? I’ve got you covered!